1. In operating state, most of the power consumption of super computers changes into heat energy. If the heat energy of this part cannot be eliminated in time, the temperature in computer room will be too high, the electronic components might be damaged and service life will be reduced. Therefore, the design of air conditioning system should be based on the actual condition of super computer center. Choosing a feasible and economical cooling system is of great significance to reliability and energy saving in operation of super computer center.
2. The reasons to set up independent cooling system when super computer center and other functional rooms are in the same building are as the following:
1) The operating environment of super computer center is different from that of other functional rooms;
2) The operational time of cooling system in super computer center is different;
3) Avoid that accidents (such as fire) in other parts of the building affect the security of super computer center.
1. The heat dissipation of equipment in super computer center should be subject to the actual power consumption of equipment. When the power consumption of super computers in super computer center cannot be fully mastered, calculate the dispassion of equipment according to the capacity of selected power source.
2. Because super computers have big heat production (about 98% of power consumption changes into heat energy). The heat density is high and cooling load is big in summer, so the heat dispassion pressure of super computer center should take the cooling load in summer into account.
1. The equipment of super computer center should adopt natural cooling. Air distribution should be comprehensively considered in accordance with equipment cooling requirements and building conditions.
2. Adopt CFD and other airflow simulation methods to simulate the air distribution of super computer center.
3. The hot and cold air before and after racks should be isolated. If hot and cold isolation measures are not taken, negative-pressure air fan should be adopted in hot passage for heat or passage for cold to realize directional flow.
1. Natural cooling system should be selected according to objective natural conditions, including but not limited to natural air cooling, natural water cooling, etc.
2. Install filtrating equipment to guarantee that the dust content in the air of super computer center meets requirements.
3. Install ventilation shield on the outermost side of air inlet to avoid the influences of extreme weather.
4. Air balance calculation is needed in super computer center to meet indoor and outdoor differential pressure requirement. When differential pressure is too big, air exhaust fan should be installed to avoid the situation that fresh air cannot enter super computer center normally.
5. Air cooling system has a great influence on the reliable operation of super computer center and design scheme should be determined according to specific circumstances in design.
1) In the performance of this code, reasonable design of air-cooling system should be selected according to local climatic conditions, the scale of super computer center, etc. to ensure the stable operation of equipment.
2) In summer, the use of water evaporation cooling technology can effectively reduce the air temperature of super computer center. However, when the climate of the location of super computer center is moist and hot in summer, low-temperature natural water cooling is adoptable. When equipment operates in winter, hot return air design should be adopted to ensure that cold air temperature in super computer center is not lower than dew-point temperature.
1. Hot and dry environment should adopt water evaporative cooling systems, such as water curtain system, water mist system, etc. Relative humidity should be also taken into account. Super computer center must not have dew.
2. Hot and humid environment should adopt low-temperature natural water-cooling system, such as chilled water coil system. Water inlet temperature should be considered in design and the range of temperature should be 7℃-21℃. Return water temperature should be 12℃-27℃.