1. The site selection of super computer center should meet the following requirements:
1) Power supply should be sufficient and reliable, communication should be fast and smooth, and traffic should be convenient;
2) The super computer center that adopts water evaporative cooling should have sufficient water supply;
3) Natural environment should be clean and environmental temperature should be conducive to energy saving;
4) Be away from the places that generate dust, oil fume, harmful gas or produce or store corrosive, combustible and explosive goods.
5) Be away from the areas with natural disaster risks like flood, earthquake, etc.
6) Be away from strong vibration source and strong noise source;
7) Avoid strong electromagnetic field interference;
8) Large and medium-scaled super computer center should not be adjacent to densely populated areas.
2. When super computer center is in a local area of a building, comprehensive analysis and economical comparison of security, equipment transportation, pipe laying, lightning induction, structural load, flood and the installation position of the outdoor equipment of cooling system are needed.
1. The composition of super computer center should be determined according to the operating characteristics of system and the specific requirements of equipment, and should be composed of super computer center, support area, administrative area, and other functional areas.
2. The usable area of super computer center should be determined according to the number, size and layout of the racks where super computers are located, and reserve some spare space for future business development. The usable area of super computer center can be determined as follows:
A — The usable area of super computer center (m2);
S — The area that each rack occupies, 2.5~10 (m2/ rack per meter);
N — The total number of all racks in super computer center.
3. The usable area of room that people often work in can be calculated by 5 m2 each person.
1. Various equipment in super computer center should be laid out according to technological design and should meet the requirements of system operation, operation management, the operation and safety of staff, the transportation of equipment and materials, the cooling, installation and maintenance of equipment.
2. Racks should be arranged face to face or back to back. Passage for hot and passage for cold should adopt effective hot and cold isolation measures. The length of rack per unit should be 2-3.2m. The arrangement should be grouped symmetrically and the number of racks in each group should not exceed 8; When the racks in super computer center adopt face-to-face and back-to-back arrangement, the width of passage should meet the following requirements:
a. The clear width of passage used to handle equipment should not be less than 1.5m;
b. The width of cold and hot passages should be determined by CFD simulation, the width of passage for hot should not be less than 2.4m and the width of passage for cold should not be less than 3m;
3. When racks are arranged in rows continuously, cold and hot areas should adopt effective cold and hot isolation measures. Cold air area should be bigger than hot air area and the clear width of the narrowest point should not be less than 6m. When the total length of hot air area is more than 25m, both the two ends should have passages. The width should not be less than 1 and the part should not be less than 0.8m.
Article is closed for comments.