With the onset of winter, temperatures in some countries had reached -30℃, and in some areas it has even reached -40 ℃ , which has seriously exceeded the temperature range of the use of the miner (the operating temperature of BITMIAN air cooling miner is 0-40 ℃). Damages will occur if the miner is turned on in low temperature, or is restarted in a low temperature environment after a power outage or network outage. In order to ensure your profit and save your effort in mining, if the temperature is quite low in your area, please pay attention to the following several miner maintenance tips, and take relevant measures to avoid you miner down.
1. Please do not turn on your miner in low temperature, especially not to turn it on under Ultra-low temperature when the temperature exceeds -20℃（Special attention: turning on the miner under -20 ℃ is strictly prohibited，also we do not suggest it to be turned on between -20-0 ℃）.Please find a way to preheat the environment temperature of the miner to above 0 ℃ before powering on.
2. For some low-temperature areas, you can use high-power heaters（like picture showing below) to heat the operating temperature of the miners, please preheat miners placed in the some lower layer area first, then preheat another area until the whole environment heating up . Please note the outlet air temperature of the heater should not be too high, and it should be preheated in a wide range of low temperatures as far as possible, and the preheating time can be longer. Remember not to keep blowing the miner at high temperature to avoid damaging the miners，and please turn on the miner after the 0℃ temperature is reached.
3. When the low temperature startup is not successful and the miner enters the low temperature protection status, please do not restart and power off repeatedly when the environment temperature has not improved. You need to preheat the environmnet temperature first or when the ambient temperature rises to a higher temperature due to sunlight, then you can start mining.
4. When you find an exception error in the log which causes the stop of mining, please check the exception first ,and undertake to turn on the miner after excluding exception. Remember not to restart the miner directly and repeatedly, if you keep restarting it, it may turn the repairable miner into an unrepairable one . If the miner is damaged due to improper use, the miner warranty may be invalid, please make sure to be aware of it.
5. In low temperatures, windy and snow conditions, you should try to avoid using a container without a snow shed for direct open-pit mining. If you use a container to mine, you need to install a shed that can block rain and snow on the mining box to avoid wind , snow and freezing rain from being drawn into the mining box by the container's fan.
6. Please be sure to maintain good grounding, network stability and power stability in the power grid. For network installation, it is recommended to use dual network operator inputs for backup.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact BITMAIN Customer Support.
|< Contact us >