While we recommend customers to upgrade or reload their firmware using the web, this is also another method to upgrade the firmware for your E3.
IMPORTANT: The SD card upgrade method is suitable for E3. Do not attempt to replicate this method on other miners as it will damage them.
Prepare the below items:
- A micro-SD card. Recommended capacity 4 GB or 8 GB. Larger capacity micro-SD cards are not recommended as they are very susceptible to errors.
- A PC with Windows operating system XP or later and a supported card reader.
- E3 firmware. Download the firmware here >
Choose the firmware E3-SD-20180806-pool.zip as shown below:
1. Remove control board from miner.
2. On the control board, shift the JP4 jumper to the right as shown below:
3. Insert the micro-SD card into the PC and format it to FAT32.
4. Unzip the downloaded firmware and copy the contents to the micro-SD card.
5. Remove the card from PC and then insert the micro-SD card into the SD card slot on the control board.
6. Power on the control board with the PSU. Do not put the control board back to the miner yet or connect the any hash board to the control board.
Allow at least 90 seconds for the files to load automatically. When loaded, the red and green indicator lights on the control board will blink.
7. Power off the control board and shift the JP4 jumper (left) back to its original position. Remove the micro-SD card.
8. Put the control board back into the miner and run the miner as per usual.
If it didn't work (miner cannot be powered on because the firmware is not loaded on control board properly) or realize the firmware is still the old version, do try a few more times.
If you are still unable to solve this problem, contact us for further assistance.
|Contact us >|
Article is closed for comments.