1. Preparation Tool
- Hardware: Computer (Windows system),Miner (or control board), router.
- Software: Latest firmware from official website, IPReporter Tool, Google Chrome browser (or Firefox browser)
2. Login the background of the Miner (If manage to login to the background, please refer to step 3 directly.)
- Please connect the computer to the router, and connect the miner (or control board) to router at the same time (router set as DHCP service), computer and miner connected same network segment (normally router default setting is DHCP service, the network interface and WIFI are under same segment by default, which normally do not require to set).
- Open the IPReporter, and click Start.
- Press the IP Report button on the miner or control board, press and wait for 0.5 seconds, the indicator on miner will flash red light and green light for 5 times quickly, which indicates that the IP of the miner has successfully feedback to the network.
- After the miner feedback the IP, the IPReporter software will prompt out the IP address and MAC address of the miner. The IP address is what we need.
- Open Google Chrome browser, input the obtained IP address into the Google address bar, and enter.
- It will prompt out username and password when you access to the IP address, enter the username and password, whose default setting are both root. If there is any changes before, please use the changed information to login.
3. Miner Upgrade
- After entering the background of the miner, please be noted that the firmware upgrade is hidden below the dropdown bar of the system option. It requires to press the dropdown menu of the system option, open and click on the firmware upgrade and access to the required interface.
- Click the upload button (1) in the firmware upgrade page, open the file selection window and the prepared firmware path (2). Select the respective firmware (3), and click open (4).
- After the firmware has been opened, the name of the firmware will be displayed in the window bar of the firmware files, please ensure the firmware is accurate and click upgrade firmware.
- After clicking to upgrade the firmware, it will show the firmware is upgrading and please wait for a while, the miner will upgrade the firmware and restart, this process will take about 1 minute.
- The miner will auto-restart after the firmware successfully upgraded, and it will refresh the page after restart, which indicates that the miner has completed the upgrade process.
- After upgrading, we should verify the firmware version of the miner is the same as the upgraded firmware version. The upgrade is successful when they are identical.