This applies to all S9, S9i and S9j miners.
First, please try these three methods to reset your machine.
Then reload the firmware from our support firmware page. Run the miner for 20 minutes after loading the firmware.
Sometimes the low hash rate is caused by control board failure, PSU failure or loose heat sinks. Here are some indications:
Control board failure
- All hash boards show zero hash rate (this can also be a hash board failure)
- One or more hash boards do not appear in the Miner status screen
- The Miner overview screen shows the error "Socket connection failed"
- The Miner overview screen shows no values for BMMiner version and/or Hardware version
- One or more of the hash boards does not appear in the Miner status screen. Test with a known good PSU
Loose heat sinks
- The miner repeatedly stops hashing. The kernel log shows temperature too high. Open the miner and inspect the hash boards.
- How to disassemble your miner
- Please send us a picture of the board with the loose heat sink and also a picture of the miner SN tag that shows the hash rate.
- If there are indeed loose heat sinks, please create a Repair ticket and ship the whole miner back to us according to these instructions: https://service.bitmain.com/support/guide
If the hash rate is still low after checking for these causes, please create a repair ticket and return the miners to us for repair following the instructions in our repair guide. If you are unsure how to create a repair ticket, please click here for more.