I have 1 unit used Antminer S17+ (70 TH/s).
(First 30 mins, hashrate 70 TH/s, 3 hashboards work normal)
(After next several hours, hashrate 50 TH/s, 1 hashboard missing)
To the point, so here are the information:
1. Access IP and set mining pool address. Successfully.
2. Network connection is okay and 4 fans work well.
3. Upgraded the firmware to the latest version, downloaded from Bitmain source (Antminer-S17+-user-OM-202006021031-sig_5968.tar) published on 18 June 2020. Upgraded successfully.
5. FYI, the machine casing (metal) is not well grounded. Tested with voltage tester pen, it blinks, means it is electrified. I dont know how to ground it, since the PSU metal casing is nearly attached with the upper casing, so it is electrified. The metal casing of the 4 fans also electrified. I just let it, no direct touch at all. Checked on the Ethernet RJ-45 socket hole, it does not attached at all with the casing. So, I think it's not because of the RJ-45 socket hole. Perhaps from the PSU metal case.
6. Check the Antminer web dashboard, in the first 30 mins, it shows 3 hashboards with hashrate 70 TH/s. But, in the next hours, the hashboard 3 failed and not shown in the dashboard. It has been about 2 days, it only works with 2 hashboards and hashrate decreased only to about 48 - 50 TH/s.
7. Check on the Kernel Log, there are many lines with "temperature sensor failed" message.
2021-11-13 14:34:05 temperature.c:843:get_temp_info: read temp sensor failed: chain = 2, sensor = 1, chip = 10, reg = 1
2021-11-13 14:34:08 temperature.c:843:get_temp_info: read temp sensor failed: chain = 2, sensor = 1, chip = 10, reg = 0
8. But, in the Kernel Log message, there is no error message indicates that there was a missing hashboard chain.
9. Till this message posted, I haven't rebooted the machine yet or did any flashing hardware with SD Card. I just let it runs with 2 hashboards (50 TH/s).
So, what is causing the hashboard 3 failed / not shown in the web dashboard ? And what is the easy solution for this that I can do it myself?
Hope there is no need to replace the hashboard circuit board or even send the machine back to the factory (in China) for repair. Shipping cost matter.
Please sign in to leave a comment.