V1.0 hashboard tester is applicable to S17+, T17+, S17e, T17e and S19 series miners.
I. Preparatory Work
- Platform: computer (Win10 system)
- Tools: electric soldering iron (60W), solder wire
- Tester: hashboard tester V1.0 (buy from BITMAIN official website)
- Drop-out line: 1 drop-out line (buy 1 tester, get 1 drop-out line for free) ,60cm long with 2*9PIN
- Voltage regulating line: voltage regulating line is 150 cm long, and can be extended (DIY), such as using abandoned fan line.
- Fan: 4 fans are needed when testing S17+, S19 and so on. Tester has only two fan interfaces. Buy one-to-two connectors for fan or use other power supplies to let the 4 fans meet the need of heat dissipation. Up and down cooling or side cooling are needed.
- Power source: 12V >4A DC 3.5mm connector. It is suggestted 12V power source APW3 for direct power supply according to testing model, to avoid the tester blackout caused by overcurrent when tested by 12V adapter.
- TF card: burn test program as needed. Note: for S17+, T17+, S17e, T17e and S19 series miners, master program of corresponding model needs to be copied to tester before normal testing. Master program can be accessible and downloaded on BITMAIN website after you pass BITMAIN Academy exam.
- USB to serial interface: for CP210X series or TL43X series, search keywords “USB to TTL” in Taobao to get.
- Dupont line: male and female 3P >30cm, generally the Dupont line of serial interface is working.
- Screwdriver or electric screwdriver: used to disassemble and assemble the screws of the hashboard.
- The cooling fan (for example): used in the test of hashboards. Be careful not to have metal objects in contact with the hashboard during the test.
II. Hardware Connection
1. First, connect serial interface. Connect control panel and serial interface board as shown in the fig:
2. Weld serial interface board (the interface on the picture is made of the cable line of a old fan, it is easy to disassemble and assemble without welding), and connect drop-out line and voltage regulating line. The voltage regulating line must be connected and energized before the fixture is started.
3. Operation board connection (positive is red wire, and negative black. The wrong connection will burn the hash board)
4. Copy the master program that testing model needs, and then insert the prepared SD card. The startup interface is as shown below. For instance, this illustration shows the terminative startup interface of T17+ single-chip fixture.
and "OK" interface of serial port printing test chip.
5. The interface of testing the hashboard pattern startup. The configuration file must be in repair mode to avoid emptying the hash board data during maintenance. All test results throughout the process must show "OK", which means the machine is in good condition).
The interface of test results.
6. The pattern result is subject to the penultimate item, and the final test result is the voltage domain so as not to affect the judgment.
7. Before starting the fixture, the test configuration file shall be in maintenance mode. The SD card config file shall show "Repair_Mode=1". Otherwise, the hash board data will be cleared, which cannot be started.
III. Software Installation
1. Download the software
- Software: SecureCRT, CP210X driver program (the system will automatically install when first plugged in)
- Connect the serial port to the computer, and the system will automatically install the driver. If individual computers cannot actively install the driver, please download the corresponding driver yourself and install it manually.
- Follow the procedure Computer-Right-Properties-Device manager, you will find the port option. The driver and port number is shown in the figure below. If not, you need to check the serial port board and download the corresponding driver.
- The official website has the master and test program of the corresponding model. You can download them after you have Ant Academy training and passed examination.
- Download the SecureCRT software and install it.
2. Software settings
- Open the software, select the "COM" port, which needs to be the same as the port in the Device manager. Then click connect.
- If it cannot be selected automatically, please set as follows.
Should you have any inquiries, feel free to contact us for assistance.
|Contact us >|