This method applies to the following situations:
- The miner is power-off in the upgrading process.
- The miner cannot start (cannot find IP).
- The miner can only use the default factory workers.
- The MicroSD card recommended capacity of less than 16GB. Larger capacity MicroSD cards are not recommended as they are very susceptible to errors.
- A computer running Windows XP or later
- Card reader
- USB storage disk: 16G and below, the probability of problems with other large capacities is relatively high (A113D control board only)
- OTG cable, Micro USB port to USB female connector, if USB storage disk comes with OTG function, OTG cable is not needed. (A113D control board only)
Pay attention to download the firmware that matches the control board,SD card firmware download link as below:
About control boards for S19j/S19j Pro
There are three different structure control boards for S19j/S19j Pro，Integrated control board(7007 Control board)，Integrated control board(A113D Control board) and Combined control board，SD card is inserted in different positions.
1. Integrated control board(7007 Control board)
2. Integrated control board(A113D Control board)
The control board is a circuit board, using Micro USB port card to swipe, the front panel is MicroUSB port.
You can use the OTG cable to connect the USB flash drive card, or directly use the OTG USB flash drive with the MicroUSB interface.
3. Combined control board,it‘s composed of IO board and BB board.
The control board is a combination of two circuit boards (IO board + BB board), using TF card card to swipe, there is no opening on the front panel, you need to open the upper cover to see the SD card slot.
There is no SD card slot on the body panel, you need to open the cover and insert the SD card from the inside,The cover needs to be opened from the back of the machine, the steps are as follows:
- Unscrew the screw;
- Push the button;
- Lift up the cover and pull it out
Flashing Instructions :
- Insert MicroSD card into computer and format to FAT32.
- Unzip the downloaded image file and copy the contents to the MicroSD card.
- Remove the MicroSD card from the computer and insert it into the card slot on the control board.
- Power on the control board. Allow about 30 seconds for the files to load automatically. When loaded, the green indicator light will be steady on.
- Remove the MicroSD and restart the miner. In over 30 seconds, please reboot the miner. (NOTE: do not power off during the restart process; power failure will cause the OTP to fail to turn on which also damages the control board.)
- Power on the miner and access the miner interface. Remember to upgrade the latest official firmware online.
Possible solutions to solve the flashing failure
- Reformat the MicroSD and make sure you've copied the correct firmware.
- Press the MicroSD softly to ensure it's well attached.
- Dust and clean the MicroSD.
- Try with another good known MicroSD.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact BITMAIN Customer Support.
|Contact us >|