IMPORTANT: Do not attempt to upgrade any unauthorized firmwares from third parties which would result in miners malfunction and void your warranty immediately.
1. What is the security firmware?
The security firmware was designed for the purpose of protecting ANTMINER users’ interest. The firmware has all the features of the previous version. By turning off SSH access, it helps to effectively prevent illegal ways of hacking the miners, blocking the channels of virus transmission and remote attacks, and guarantying your mining’s safety.
2. How to distinguish the security firmware?
Know which one is the security firmware via the following ways:
- The security feature has been documented in the description on firmware download page.
- The security firmware file name has a sig ending.
- SSH access will be disabled after reloading the security firmware.
3. What are the functions of the security firmware?
The security firmware features firmware signatures and the SSH access is disabled, so the biggest difference compared to normal firmware is that you cannot use SSH connection.
4. Has SSH connection been disabled?
Yes, SSH connection has been disabled by the security firmware.
5. Miner backstage shows “System Upgrade Failed - Cannot Find Signature!!!”
It means the firmware you are upgrading is not a security firmware.
6. Can you upgrade back to previous version after reloading the security firmware?
No, you can’t. Please always upgrade the latest official firmware from Bitmain website since it is the most updated one that includes all available features.
7. What ANTMINER models have the security firmware?
We will continue to update the security firmware for more models, please stay tune on our official website: https://service.bitmain.com.cn/support/download
So far we have listed security firmwares for ANTMINER S17, T17, S17Pro, S15, T15, S9, S9I, S9J, L3+, DR5, and Z11.
If you have more questions, contact us for further assistance.
|Contact us >|
Article is closed for comments.